On a Book Bender does not accept unsolicited review requests from authors*. The following outlines how we review books:
- Reviews are posted by Amanda or Kelly on Mondays, Wednesdays, and occasionally Fridays.
- On a Book Bender is not a genre-specific book blog, but generally stays within the mystery, romance, and fantasy genres (both adult and YA).
- In addition to being posted here, reviews are cross-posted on Goodreads and linked on Twitter and Facebook.
- All books are given a rating based on our enjoyment scale. The enjoyment scale is used to reflect the belief that books are being read primarily for enjoyment purposes.
- Each review seeks to provide a reaction to the book being reviewed and provides reasons for our enjoyment or lack of enjoyment.
- Reviews are to be considered the honest opinion of the reviewer, and we seek to be as fair and balanced as possible.
- Unless otherwise mentioned, all books reviewed on this blog have been purchased, borrowed, or legally downloaded for free.
*Authors we have previously worked with, publicists, or publishers may contact us for reviews, but we reserve the right to decline review requests.