Series: Bevelstoke #3
Also in this series: What Happens in London
Genres: Historical, Historical Romance, Romance
Ten Things You Should Know About This Book
1. Sebastian Grey is a devilishly handsome rogue with a secret.
2. Annabel Winslow's family voted her The Winslow Most Likely to Speak Her Mind and The Winslow Most Likely to Fall Asleep in Church.
3. Sebastian's uncle is the Earl of Newbury, and if he dies without siring an heir, Sebastian inherits everything.
4. Lord Newbury detests Sebastian and will stop at nothing to prevent this from happening.
5. Lord Newbury has decided that Annabel is the answer to all of his problems.
6. Annabel does not want to marry Lord Newbury, especially when she finds out he once romanced her grandmother.
7 is shocking, 8 is delicious, and 9 is downright wicked, all of which lead the way to
10. Happily. Ever. After.
Once again, JQ makes everything better.
Thoughts on Ten Things I Love About You
Ten Things I Love About You was more of a surprise read. Not because it’s surprising I read a historical romance. Or even that I read a Julia Quinn historical romance. It was more… I did not expect to find the book, and once I found it, I did not expect to read it so soon.
But found it and read it, I did. Because some days call for Julia Quinn books, and this was most definitely was one of those occasions.
Usually with historical romances, I find myself enjoying the heroine more than the hero (maybe because, for the most part, the world is set against women, and I like to see them prevail). But Sebastian. There really is something irresistibly charming about him.
Perhaps it’s his view of the world. Or his secrets. Or his view of the world and his secrets combined together, because that’s what makes him him. But, you know, I liked Annabel too. She wasn’t in the best of positions (in more than one way), and that was tough to see her caught between what she wanted and what she felt obligated to do.
And in typical JQ fashion, the secondary characters shone too. I want Louisa to have her own story. (Oh please oh please.) Annabel’s grandma was… a character. And some of the final scenes are pure gold. JQ really does make everything better.