≡ Menu
On a Book Bender

2012 Highlights

With 2012 almost gone, I thought it might be fun to put together some highlights of the year.

I moved to WP.org and got a blog redesign (which I still love, nearly a year later even though I’ll redesign soon).

Kelly started contributing two to three reviews every month for me.

On a Book Bender turned ONE and we had a good party.

Kelly and I hosted three Bout of Books read-a-thons, one Doin’ It Dirty read-a-thon, and two challenges (All Series, All Summer and Unbreaking the Shelves).

I helped launch the Midwestern Book Bloggers site.

The giraffe shifter was born.

I stalked Kelly, Ruby, Hannah, Jess, Mandi, Tara, Amy, Jenny, Kristilyn, and Sarah. Then I took December off because, dammit, I am exhausted from all that awesome.

Kelly and I started Great Literary Adventures, where we review oddball erotica books and snark about them.

I joined Kristilyn’s Reading in Winter (After Dark) blog as a contributor. Then Kristilyn decided to close that blog and Kelly and I started Free Books Need Love, Too.

I hit and surpassed my Goodreads challenge goal for 2012. Thanks, novellas!

What were some highlights in YOUR year?

About the author: Amanda, noun: 1. Creator of On a Book Bender and Bout of Books. 2. Editor at The Path of Least Revision. 3. Lover of language and books. 4. Drinker of wine, coffee, and vodka. 5. Idea wrangler and wielder of words.

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Mary @ BookSwarm December 28, 2012, 8:58 am

Well, I met you this year so that was awesome! A great reading year, too.

Love your Great Literary Adventures — though I’m not sure how you make it through some of those books. *shudder* Happy New Year!

• Amanda @ On a Book Bender December 30, 2012, 2:33 pm

I think those books are bearable because I know that Kelly and I get to snark about them afterward. :)

• Jenny December 28, 2012, 9:30 am

You, Kelly and your Great Literary Adventures are quite possibly my new favorite thing ever. My snark loves your snark and wants to join in. You’ll have to let me know how your Christmas pounding book ended up ;-)

• Amanda @ On a Book Bender December 30, 2012, 2:34 pm

The Christmas pounding book was actually quite good. Ha. You will definitely have to join us for a menage review once! It would be so much fun!

• Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal December 28, 2012, 1:16 pm

We did SO MANY THINGS together! I LOVE IT!

• Leanne Yang @ Escaping With Books December 28, 2012, 3:01 pm

Congratulations! It sounds like you had a fantastic year. Many more to come :)

• Smash Attack December 28, 2012, 6:38 pm

You had a year with a lot of challenges and a lot of good things, too.

Plus, the giraffe shifter! ;)

• Amanda @ On a Book Bender December 30, 2012, 2:52 pm

I do have to admit that the giraffe shifter is probably one of my absolute favorite parts about 2012. :)

• Alexa December 28, 2012, 7:20 pm

Sounds like you have had a very busy and full year. Can’t wait to see what the new year brings!

• Mariana December 29, 2012, 5:59 pm

You definitely had a full year with some awesome people to hang out and talk!! ;)

• Kristin at My ParaHangover December 29, 2012, 7:24 pm

I think you had a fantastic year! I can’t wait to see the craziness you bring next year!!!

• Shaunesay December 29, 2012, 10:53 pm

I wondered how Giraffe shifter came to be! Glad to have discovered you and look forward to much more to come! :D

• Hannah @ Once Upon A Time December 31, 2012, 7:29 am

I’m a little jealous of your great year! :D Mine has been a lot of slumps and stress, but I’m still going strong which is the main thing. So all in all, my highlights were the people. I’ve got myself some solidly fantastic book blogging friends now and I adore them all!

• Amanda @ On a Book Bender December 31, 2012, 9:02 am

Amen to that, Hannah. The people are, as always, amazing and the best part of blogging. <3

• Kristilyn (Reading in Winter) December 31, 2012, 8:33 pm

So many great things, Amanda! I’m so happy to have gotten to know you and your blog this year. :) Here’s to an amazing 2013!

%d bloggers like this: