Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Kelly Reviews: The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour (6) — One character almost ruined the book.
- Top Off Tuesday — This one spawned a read-along. Jenny, Kelly, and I read to see what the threesome was really made of.
- Review: Lying Season by Karina Halle (8) — OhMyGlob, THINGS HAPPEN IN THIS BOOK
- Discussion: The Downfall of Ratings
Amanda Around the Blogosphere
- FBNLT: Amanda and Kelly review: All She Wants for XXX-Mas by Nathan Stratton–Need more dirt with the sweet.
- FBNLT: Amanda Reviews: Moon Lust by Sherri L. King–This one made me a little ranty. All caps and the phrase “peen down!” abound.
- FBNLT: Amanda and Kelly review: Santa’s Daisy Chain by Mary Chi–Santa gets educated on sexy shenanigans.
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
At the beginning of December, I signed up for a web design course. Well, I officially finished! And it was AWESOME. If you’re interested, sign up! (And use my affiliate link.) It’s on the expensive side, especially if you’re only blogging as a hobby, but as far as I’m concerned, it’s worth every penny. (And yes, that’s coming from cheap-me.) I feel like I can tackle ALL THE WEB DESIGN! now. I’m currently working on a site redesign for my business website (which looks AMAZING so far and I can’t wait to show you guys), and then if I have time, I’ll start giving On a Book Bender a makeover as well. Anyway–I haven’t been around the book blogging world much lately, and that is why. I’m making a lot of changes and plans and I’ll likely continue to lurk without participating much until I get everything sorted out.
I got a shit ton of books this week–no, really, on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I received packages–but I’m currently trying to spend as little time on the computer as possible due to some wrist pain, so I’m going to save all that link up for next week. I might even have MOAR BOOKS by then. It just sucks that I’m still kind of in a reading slump. This is starting to get old.
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Felicia (Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog) asks us whether blogging is business or personal and makes some VERY GOOD POINTS about what blogging for yourself means.
- Jeaniene Frost releases some NEWS! Good news! If you love the Night Huntress and all its spin-offs, you’ll love this.
- Buzz Feed’s 30 Photobombs–Number 25. That’s all I’ll say.
- Bout of Books sign up is OPEN! If you haven’t signed up yet, do it now! Then tweet about the read-a-thon. (Also, don’t forget to like Bout of Books on Facebook.)
- Kelly started a Facebook page for Reading the Paranormal! Go like it! (Also, stay tuned for the first Friday in January–I’ve got a post about using Facebook for your book blog.)
how to make friends on twitter without being annoying — I’m so happy you care.
unbreaking the shelves — *finger guns* I’ve failed my goals epically, though.
Read in 2012 (174)
- Menage a Tasia by Kate Hill (3)
- UGH. My GR review here.
- Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson (7)
- Reading this was just like following Maureen on Twitter. Ha. Review some time in Jan.
To those celebrating: Merry Christmas!