Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer (9) – Needed Scarlet immediately upon finishing Cinder.
- Top Off Tuesday — Survey says this series should be read.
- Review: Hunter’s Season by Thea Harrison (10) — Thea continues to delight and enthrall.
- Building Community: My Secrets
Amanda Around the Blogosphere
- GLA @ Reading the Paranormal: Amanda and Kelly review: Wolf Packed Pussy by Kelly Sanders
- GLA @ Reading the Paranormal: Amanda and Kelly review: Take Your Teddy to Work Day by Mimi Strong
- Language Management, LLC–Tenses: What They Are and Why They’re Important.
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
I joined Pinterest. It’s for my business, but I’m trying to learn ALL THE SOCIAL MEDIA! And I have other nefarious plans. (Actually, they’re pretty non-nefarious, but nefarious is such a fun word, don’t you think?) Kelly and I are also VERY DEEP in planning stages of various things. (She’s in head deep, I’m in shoulder deep. It’s because she’s short, not because she’s doing more.) We can’t reveal all of what we’re doing yet, but…SOON, my pretties. SOON. I also neglected my reading this week. IT WAS TERRIBLE. I was busy with other (secret-y) things and got caught up in that. I did make time to read a couple books, though. Be proud of me.
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Mary (Book Swarm) posted about genre burnout (been there, done that) and she shared an AMAZING video about social media, which I truly, absolutely love. (It makes me want to branch out into social media management for my business.)
- Small (Small Review) talks about THE SECOND BOOK and the joy it can bring.
- Smash (Smash Attack Reads!) asks us about VILLIANS and what we think about them.
- Chelsea (Vampire Book Club) wants to know what our favorite kissing scenes are.
- Mandi (Never Too Fond of Books) wonders if mixing formats (e.g., paperback with audiobook) is a good thing with series.
- Kelly (Reading the Paranormal) announces the 2013 Why Buy the Cow? Reading Challenge. AND I’M CO-HOST! So, check that out. Sign up. Love the freebies. They need love too, you know.
- Kelly and I created a BOUT OF BOOKS FACEBOOK PAGE. Please go like it. (Randomly, if you like us [or any Facebook page] with your PAGE account, it does not actually contribute to the page’s likes numbers. Not that we care one way or the other, but just an FYI for you to be aware of. The likes number you see on any Facebook page is from people accounts.)
amanda reading vinrator — I think this was supposed to be ‘vibrator’, yes? (Everyone knows you don’t read vibrators. You use them.)
amanda vibrator book– Seriously. What is this tomfoolery?
i focus on what makes me happy — I think this can be a good thing.
my car cannot rewind audiobook — *sad face* If it makes you feel any better, my car can’t even play audiobooks.
mystery book genre — Is this some kind of trick question?
Read in 2012 (169)
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi(8)
- This one was just awesome. Review 1/7
- Into the Hollow by Karina Halle(8)
- *flails* Review 1/9.
- Steel’s Edge by Ilona Andrews
- This was a pre-order. I love this series, though!
- Merrie Axemas by M.R. Sellars
- I dunno. Kelly said to download this book. I did. That’s just what I DO.
Unbreaking the Shelves Progress
I read books. I added books. So it goes.