Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Guest Review: Arctic Fire by Stephen Frey (8) — Sometimes trust viciously bad good guys.
- Top Off Tuesday — We decided that sexy sci-fi lends itself well to Top Off Tuesday covers.
- Kelly Reviews: Summer’s Wolf by Rebecca Royce (5) — I find myself very conflicted here.
- To My Silent Readers
Amanda Around the Blogosphere
- GLA @ Reading the Paranormal: Amanda and Kelly review: Blue Cheesecake by Charity Parkerson – #InSixSexWords: A missed opportunity with that tail!
- GLA @ Reading the Paranormal: Amanda and Kelly review: Double Penetration by the Warehouse Ghosts by Cordelia Montgomery – #InSixSexWords: Ghostly, mid-air fucking; SURPRISE ANAL SEX!
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
I think I am finally starting to get better. YAY! It was Thanksgiving this week in the US, so I spent Thursday with the boyfriend’s family. It was good fun even if it did snow. Other than that, I’ve been taking it easy and just trying to read. OH! And if you used your gmail address to subscribe to my business newsletter, be sure to check your spam folder–the boyfriend found my November 15th article is his spam folder this past week. And that’s no good.
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Mary (Book Swarm) talks about the difficulty of choosing a book. THIS IS MY PROBLEM.
- The Literary Grrrl talks about the downfall of overusing words and bringing BACK other, forgotten words.
sexy book covers — Oh. Do I have those?
books make me happy — Damn straight.
does blue moon by alyson noel have sex — This and similar terms pop up quite bit.
who killed amelia anne — Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater.
Read in 2012 (166)
- Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs (6)
- Joint review with Kelly 12/12!
- Legend by Marie Lu (8)
- Good fun. My GR review.
- Shapeshifter’s Craving by Lee Pearce (2)
- My review for this will be on Reading In Winter (After Dark) tomorrow.
- In Bed with a Highlander by Maya Banks (8)
- This one made me all flaily and then I went and added the rest of the trilogy to my wishlist. Review 1/2. YES, NEXT YEAR.
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
- I actually got this one last week, but I forgot to add it to my list. I won a signed copy from Jess @ Gone with the Words and I am EXCITED TO READ IT.
Amazon Wishlist (70)
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- I loved Alissa’s review this week and was intrigued enough to add it to my wishlist.
- Wolf Signs by Vivian Arend
- KELLY’S FAULT!
- Seduction of a Highland Lass by Maya Banks
- Never Love a Highlander by Maya Banks
- MUST HAVE MOAR!
- One Dance with a Duke by Tessa Dare
- I need more historical romance in my life. (Also Kelly’s fault.)
Unbreaking the Shelves Progress
I am continuing to make PROGRESS! I have shifted some of my focus on this challenge so that I’m mainly working on getting my own-must-read shelf and pending shelf down below a certain number. With the way my reading has been lately, I’m trying not to limit my reading choices. I managed to read two books from my own-must-read shelf and two books from my pending shelf this week. I think I also took off a book from my own-must-read shelf because I borrowed it from someone and decided that I was never going to get around to it.