Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Review: Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells (8) – Fantastic UF, and great series potential.
- Top Off Tuesday — Jenny said this one has a “taunting towel.” I think she’s right.
- Review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (4) – Fell short of my high expectations.
- Who Am I Stalking? Sarah @ saz101
Amanda Around the Blogosphere
- I reviewed Thrill of the Hunt by Nathalie Gray at Reading In Winter (After Dark).
- On Thursday, I talked about consistency and why you need it for your website on Language Management, LLC.
- Amelia (The Authoress) interviewed me as part of her Saturday Spotlight feature.
- GLA @ Reading the Paranormal: Amanda and Kelly review: Sex in the Vibrator Store by Trinity Lee — I try to make an analogy with square/rectangles and sex/penetration and… fail. I blame my cold medicine.
- GLA @ Reading the Paranormal: Amanda and Kelly review: Taken By Tentacles While My Boyfriend Slept by CJ Smalls — I’m still weirded out by my ability to quickly and accurately type tentacles.
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
I started coming down with a cold on Wednesday, and spent the rest of the week in bed or lazing around, trying to not get sicker. I don’t know if it worked. And the cold medicine makes me loopy. =/ I did blow through most of the Experiment in Terror series by Karina Halle this week though, and I’m so FLAILY about it right now. I bought the latest book in the series, but I’m AFRAID to read it because…THEN THERE WILL BE NO MORE DEX AND PERRY. And I don’t know if I can handle that. *flails more* So I think I’m going to read something else and see if the EIT series helped beat my reading slump, or if it was just immune to it.
Around the Book Blogging Community
- There are not enough words to express how fun Maureen Johnson is. First, a snippet of a conversation she had with a Waterstones branch on Twitter. Then on a serious note, Maureen answers the question: “Should I NaNo?” And I really like her perspective on it.
- Ann Aguirre talks about how be more productive with writing. Her process can likely be applied to just about anything you want to turn into a habit.
- Kevin Hearne talks about why an author may not be able to visit a bookstore near you. (This is good stuff, by the way. And it makes sense.)
did you mean search functionality — No.
free book tentacle romance — I have no idea why this term would lead people to my blog. NO IDEA.
romance novels ex cons on parole — Jennifer Lane has a great series! It’s called the Conduct series.
Read in 2012 (162)
- Lord’s Fall by Thea Harrison (9)
- *flails* Review 12/5
- Dead Sky Morning by Karina Halle (7)
- I roared through this series this week. Totally flaily about it, too. Review 12/10
- Lying Season by Karina Halle (8)
- Review 12/19
- On Demon Wings by Karina Halle (9)
- Review 12/26
- Old Blood by Karina Halle (8)
- The Dex-Files by Karina Halle (9)
- My GR review. (OMG, I loved Dex’s perviness. For serious.)
- Virgin Daiquiri by Moira Rogers (7)
- I had fun with both of these Last Call books. Didn’t write more than two sentences for my GR review, though, so… I won’t link them.
- Frostbite by Moira Rogers (6)
- Into the Hollow by Karina Halle
- Like this was really a big surprise?
- Beyond Shame by Kit Rocha
- I had a gift card to burn. *finger guns*
- Virgin Daiquiri by Moira Rogers
- Can’t pass up the Last Call series.
- Frostbite by Moira Rogers
- The Sweetest Torture by Amanda Bonilla
- Moon Lust by Sherri L. King
- Shapeshifter’s Craving by Lee Pearce
Unbreaking the Shelves Progress
I read a lot…and then I bought a few books. And then I read a couple of those. Luckily, I read enough that my overall count went down.