Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Kelly Reviews: Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne (6) — 42% Apocalypse, 31% Angst, 27% WTF?!?
- Top Off Tuesday — Lots of peen and sword talk here.
- Review: A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (8) – Teenage Amanda would’ve loved this book!
- Discussion: Writing Discussion Posts
Amanda Around the Blogosphere
- Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog–Felicia featured me in her month of thanks!
- Reading the Paranormal–GLA: Amanda and Kelly review: Taken by Tentacles at the Beach by CJ Smalls
- Reading the Paranormal–GLA: Amanda and Kelly review: Why Not Tonight? #2 by Mimi Strong
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
Last week, I hit my 150 Goodreads challenge goal. I’ve actually read more than that, but Goodreads doesn’t have all the books I’ve read. (O)_(O) A good chunk of those 150 books are novellas, so keep that in mind that about 4 or 5 novellas = 1 book. And this past week I gave up my NaNo quest and started messing with a couple different things (POETRY!). I’m writing almost every day, though my word count is very low. I’m okay with that. I’m going to focus on having fun and cheering everyone else along.
Around the Book Blogging Community
Either I’ve been under a rock this past week (totally possible) or a lot of people must be writing for NaNo because I have very few things to link up.
- Felicia (Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog) is talking about the authors and bloggers she is thankful for. Each day is one new author and blogger!
- Kristilyn (Reading In Winter) discusses how to live with a non-reader.
- Amelia (The Authoress) put together a couple videos from an event with Libba Bray. In one, Libba reads a story she wrote as a child and it is AWESOME.
i dont like whores covers — Erm. I’m sorry?
bar bender cursiva font — I don’t even.
how big are shelves for books — Uh…book size?
have you seen my giraffe it’s like this big meme — Um, no? But the giraffes are watching YOU.
penicorn — This one keeps popping up.
clock rewinders on a book binge — That’s this.
percy jackson erotica — Is this a THING? A real THING?
Read in 2012 (151)
- Hunter’s Season by Thea Harrison (10)
- *flails* I loved this one! Review 11/28
- Thrill of the Hunt by Nathalie Gray (4)
- I review this for Reading in Winter (After Dark) tomorrow. I got a little carried away with this review. It’s… well, just read it tomorrow.
- Lord’s Fall by Thea Harrison
- After I finish putting together this post, I’m going to go read, so with luck, this book should be FINISHED by the time this post actually publishes.
- Lord’s Fall by Thea Harrison
- WHAT?! I pre-ordered this one back in May.
Unbreaking the Shelves Progress
No progress is better than backward progress, right? Between my reading slump and 2.5 weeks of hardcore editing, I’ve had little time or motivation to read. I’m hoping that my reading will pick up a little now.