Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Kelly Reviews: Coraline by Neil Gaiman (9) – Button eyes, grasping hands! Oh, my!
- Top Off Tuesday — Lots of nipple talk here.
- Review: Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (7) – Overshadowed by praise, but still good.
- Is your website working for you? — I asked about what you think makes an effective blog.
Amanda Around the Blogosphere
- On Monday, I was over at Reading in Winter (After Dark) to talk about the WTF? erotica that was The 22 Year Old Virgin’s First Island Trip. This one is horrifying, y’all. HORRIFYING. (Far, far more horrifying than a Northerner attempting to use “y’all.”)
- Kelly and I posted a special GLA on Wednesday, giving you The List of penis names. The book itself was called Let’s Fuck Before the Zombies Get Us.
- GLA @ Reading the Paranormal: Amanda and Kelly review: Riding Red Hood by Adrianna White
- GLA @ Reading the Paranorma: Amanda and Kelly review: Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun by Alessia Brio
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
With my reading slump still in full swing and the beginning of NaNo, life has been quiet. How about a teaser from my NaNo story?
Once you die, the rituals that follow are not for you—they’re for the living. The dead don’t care how you mourn them. To find the importance in life, you have to celebrate it. Dead people don’t celebrate.
Around the Book Blogging Community
- On Reading in Winter (After Dark) Kelly wants to know why we read erotica. As I said in the comments: “Toss out the flowers and give me the DIRT!”
- Felicia (Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog) shares her favorite audiobook narrators. I agree with the Luke Daniels pick–he remains one of my favorites.
- The ladies at The Book Monsters announced that they’re having a Fall Pick Your Thon (read or review) from November 23rd to November 25th.
- Kristilyn (Reading In Winter) put together a list of book bloggers participating in NaNo and some writing advice from authors.
- Maureen Johnson posted about what’s going on in her life (which is A LOT) and I just wanted to share this because it makes me want to celebrate having GOOD FRIENDS. And buy all of Libba Bray’s books.
- Epic Reads had a fun graphic of books set in each of the 50 states.
why am i addicted to books — Because, in Jess‘s words: “Books are viagra for the brain.” THEY ARE AMAZING.
do you think firelight (darkest london, #1) is suitable for teenagers — Kelly says… “If you’re okay with your teen reading about sizzling supernatural on supernatural chemistry (ha! Literally!) and some dirty, hot sexin’, then yes.”
penicorn — Everyone wants one!
andrews chicken joint amanda — Um.
Read in 2012 (149)
- Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison
- From Kelly!
- Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
- Also from Kelly!
- Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks
- Not from Kelly, but she’s the reason I got it, so it’s pretty much her fault.
- Mark of the Demon by Diana Rowland
- I have no excuse for this one. It was all me.
- Body Temperature and Rising by K.D. Grace
- Also Kelly’s fault.