Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Review: Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake (7) – A necessary conclusion to the story.
- Top Off Tuesday — Cougar has a fierce O face.
- Review: Red Fox by Karina Halle (7) – Red Fox simultaneously creeps and delights.
- Discussion: Why You Shouldn’t Take Just Anyone’s Advice (Including Mine)
Amanda Around the Blogosphere
- I introduced myself over at Kristilyn’s new After Dark blog. Be sure you check out the review going up tomorrow. You’ll be sorry you did. (That is not a typo.)
- GLA @ Reading the Paranormal: Amanda and Kelly review: Full Moon Fuck by Kelly Sanders — We’re going to create travel vibrators and make a lot of money.
- GLA @ Reading the Paranormal: Amanda and Kelly review: Frankie’s Monster Loves Cock by Amber Drake — Exactly as the title suggests and probably the perfect GLA book.
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
Nothing to really discuss this week. The big event of note was the 5k that the boyfriend and I ran in. We decided to sign up for it back in the beginning of September so that we’d have some motivation to get ourselves out and RUN. It semi-worked. I have such a love-hate relationship with running: I hate getting out there and doing it, but I love hitting my stride about two miles in and the runner’s high afterward. And races are so, so different. But good. And you get a shirt. I like 5k shirts. And! AND! Because we ran in a Halloween race, the boyfriend decided to dress up. (I did not; I chose to stick with my neon yellow t-shirt over my hot pink long-sleeve t-shirt.) See us in our post-race awesomeness!
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Earlier this week, Sarah (saz101) wrote a great post about blogger burnout and what you can do about it. (Great post, and solid advice.)
- Felicia (Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog) talks about having a review writing funk. These suck. A lot. (Oddly enough, even though I’m in a reading slump, my review writing has been ON. Apparently you can’t have both things at once.)
- Mary (Book Swarm) had TWO fabulous posts this week: one about her favorite reading spot, and the other about physical books versus electronic books. (I totally want to steal Mary’s favorite reading spot.)
can i skip fire and just read bitterblue — Yes, but you shouldn’t.
i am stalking you — Now why would you think that?
darth vader’s penis — This is an image search.
Read in 2012 (148)
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- *flails* I LOVED THIS ONE. Review 11/26.
- Sporting Wood by Cindy Spencer Pape.
- Oh, puns. I can’t quit you. My GR review.
- Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel
- Good stuff thus far, I’m just back in my reading slump again. *huffs in annoyance*
- I’m sitting on about four books I’ve received and am too lazy to add to GR. This will just have to wait until I am not lazy. (Good luck with that.)
Amazon Wishlist (68)
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
- *flails more*
Unbreaking the Shelves Progress
o.O I HAVE MADE THE PROGRESS! I read Cinder this week (signed book) and sent my ARC of Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris to Anne.
My GR shelves are not up for discussion at this time, however.