Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Review: Heartsick by Chelsea Cain (7) — More focus on characters than mystery.
- Top Off Tuesday — Ensnaring man nips, welcoming vaginas, and peen inspectors round out this week’s comments.
- Kelly Reviews: Firelight by Kristen Callihan (9) — A dark, dangerous, sexy paranormal historical
- Who Am I Stalking? — Kristilyn @ Reading In Winter
Amanda Around the Blogosphere
- Business blog: Grammar Tricks — Four easy grammar tricks that you can use to improve your grammar!
- Reading In Winter: Guest Post: Who Am I Stalking? (Amanda @ On a Book Bender) — Seriously. If you have ever wanted to see me answer my own questions, now is your chance.
- Reading in Winter (After Dark): I haven’t posted anything here (YET), but I have signed up to be a contributor. Watch for me! And the rest of the shenanigans that I’m sure will happen.
- Reading the Paranormal: Amanda and Kelly review: Fifty Shades of Oz by Jessie Z. Hatcher – There are no words for this. Just read it.
- Reading the Paranormal: Amanda and Kelly review: Rose and the Alien by Nikki Palmer — This is a winner.
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
- The boyfriend and I were out of town last weekend to watch our friends get married. It was a GREAT ceremony and reception! We even got a rare photo of us together. (It’s more fun to take pictures of the boyfriend’s dog.)
- I have new respect for people who do most of their tweeting and blog commenting on their phones. I attempted to do this while out of town and it was NOT fun. At all.
- Sarah got me and Kelly started on Buscemi eyes–(O)_(O)–and shared THIS TUMBLR with us. And then Sarah DID THIS.
- Sarah also introduced me to the peni-corn. (Penis unicorn, in case it wasn’t clear.) Can I just say? Sarah is awesome. I love her.
- My reading slump continues, but I actually finished a full-length novel this week, so I guess that counts for something. I’m hoping something will click with me soon, because I miss ALL THE READING!
Around the Book Blogging Community
- For all of you who are addicted to read-a-thons, Alexa and the rest of Pages of Forbidden Love are hosting a week long read-a-thon starting tomorrow.
- Chelsea (Vampire Book Club) introduces a new feature: The Keeper Shelf where she spotlights a book that has made it onto her keeper shelf (and why).
- Rachel (Fiktshun) wrote a great post on Blogger’s Corner about success (and how it’s not instantaneous and requires a lot of hard work). And, honestly, there are three ways I think best create success: 1. be an active member in the community, 2. participate in/host blogging events, and 3. establish yourself (i.e., withstand the test of time; the longer you’re around, the more people are going to notice).
- This week, many authors participated in the Authors Against Bullying blog hop. Out of all those posts (all of the ones I saw and read were great), I want to share Jaye Wells’s story. Not only does she talk about what happened to her, she talks about how to deal with bullies.
- Kristilyn (Reading In Winter) discusses how we deal with our book blog and real life. I even SAY THINGS! I mean, things beyond what I said in the comments. I said things in the post, too.
- This wasn’t book blogging specific, but there are parallels to marketing yourself on social media. Very good and applicable rules to using social media. And it’s an infographic!
“boxers or briefs” interview “tighty” — Heh.
kissing scenes in insurgent — There were those. *nods* I liked them.
what happens in the end of karin slaughter’s faint cold fear — THINGS!
another word for “you slay me” — Murder.
cocks for women — I think you might be looking for Kelly’s Tumblr.
Read in 2012 (146)
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (7)
- I liked it, but I think everyone’s excessive praise worked against me. Review will be up 10/31
- Okay, I’ll admit. I got books this week. But I’m too lazy to enter them into Goodreads right now. Maybe next week.
- Black Gold by Vivian Arend
- Kelly’s fault.
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman
- Saw someone add this on Goodreads. MUST HAVE FOR MYSELF. (Release: 1/8/2013)