Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
The service that forwards my onabookbender.wordpress.com address to my onabookbender.com address is about to expire. What does this mean for you? If you subscribed to my feed BEFORE October 9th, 2011, please make sure that the feed you’re following does NOT have .wordpress.com in the address. If it does, you will stop receiving updates once the service stops, and that’s NO GOOD. If you’re subscribed to my Feedburner address or to onabookbender.com/feed/, you have nothing to worry about. (Though if you have content linked up to my .wordpress.com address, it’ll work [until I make that blog private] but it won’t link to *this* blog. Just an FYI.)
On a Book Bender Recap
- Review: False Memory by Dan Krokos (5) — Wanted to like, but just couldn’t.
- Top Off Tuesday  — Bullet-proof moobs and moob envy are discussed
- Review: I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga (9) — Was wooed by Jazz’s sociopathic ways
- Things That Make Me Happy — I LOVE BLOGGING.
- On Reading the Paranormal: GLA: Double Tentacle Penetration by C.J. Smalls
- On Reading the Paranormal: GLA: Sweet Surprise by Leigh Ellwood
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
- I got to see my brother! It’s been about a year and half since the last time I saw him.
- The aforementioned visit of my brother threw off my regular routine. I get weird when this happens.
- I added a couple things to my site this week: more options for social sharing and a related posts plugin. It’s the related posts plugin that I’m not too sure about. I like it, yet I don’t. *stares at it*
- Oh! And I managed to create a Feedburner email icon, then created a “subscribe” and a “connect” widget in my sidebar. That stupid Feedburner icon took me FOREVER and was very FRUSTRATING, so you should all tell me how awesome it looks.
- I bought a giraffe and have been taking random pictures of it. Visit my Facebook page for the pictures!
- This week did not go well in regards to reading for me. Boo. At least it’s not because I lack awesome books to read. Just that my brain is too tired to handle reading.
- Last week, I wrote about drafting professional emails for Language Management, LLC. Yes, these things apply to bloggers, too!
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Celine (Nyx Book Reviews) wants to put together a list of blogger affiliate links. The point? If we’re buying books, why not buy them using affiliate links and give back to bloggers–especially if someone’s review made you want to read the book? (Kelly has a review for me on 10/17 that, after I read it, was so AWESOME and CONVINCING that I decided I needed to get the book for myself. I used her affiliate link to do it. I think this is a great way to support each other.)
- Felicia (Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog) gives us five quick and easy SEO tips.
- Alissa (The Grammarian’s Reviews) builds off Jamie’s post from last week and talks about when we admit to people IRL that we are book bloggers.
- Kristilyn (Reading In Winter) shares with us what she has learned since becoming a book blogger. There is some really great advice here!
erotica — O.O I don’t read this. Ever.
in denial — I am NOT in denial.
puns about blankets — This led to one of my Top Off Tuesday posts. (I miss those men in blankets. I should bring them back.)
Read in 2012 ()
- Sweet Surprise, Sweet Sierra by Leigh Ellwood
- For review with Kelly!
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (4)
- Review on November 11/14.
- The Knife’s Edge by Stephanie Draven (4)
- Kelly, Kristilyn, and I had an informal read-along (Remember, my dear readers, it is always read-ALONG and never read-a-long) of this book. We all agreed it did not have enough sex. My review on GR.
- All the Time in the World by Shiloh Walker (8)
- This was a prequel to the Grimm’s Circle series. The first book went on my wishlist IMMEDIATELY after finishing this. My review on GR.
- Heat of Passion by Elle Kennedy (6)
- This book was just fun. And there was sex in the supply closet. My review on GR.
- Blue Diablo by Ann Aguirre
- I love this book when I actually pick it up. I just haven’t really picked it up much this week. It was definitely an off week for me.
- Feed by Mira Grant
- KELLY MADE ME DO IT!
- The Knife’s Edge by Stephanie Draven
- Heat of Passion by Elle Kennedy
- All the Time in the World by Shiloh Walker
- Little Red Hood by Angela Black
- Dirty Blood by Heather Hildenbrand
Amazon Wishlist (67)
- The Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
- Small gave this 5 stars and put it on her special shelf and I decided that IT HAD TO BE ON MY LIST.
- Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson
- Jenny wrote an AMAZING review that had me falling in love with Tuck and adding the book to my wishlist as soon as I finished commenting!
- Candy Houses by Shiloh Walker
- This is the first book in the Grimm’s Circle series.
Unbreaking the Shelves Progress
*looks at shelves* *looks at you* *says nothing*