Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Joint Review with Kelly: Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews (8) — MOAR Ilona Andrews and MOAR ROMAN!
- Top Off Tuesday — In Appreciation
- Review: Insurgent by Veronica Roth (7) — I am SO CONFLICTED about Insurgent.
- Bloggiesta: Fall 2012 Sign Up and Goals — I’ll also be hosting a challenge!
- Joint Review with Smash: Alien Proliferation by Gini Koch (7) — A little crazy, but still fun.
- On Reading the Paranormal: Nina Versus the Mummy and The Alien King and I (I know, these weren’t technically here. But it’s close enough.)
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
- This tweet was retweeted by Amanda Hocking. I’m FAMOUS! Also, it’s a good grammar trick. Now if only I could find a way to turn retweets and satisfied Twitter followers into clients.
- I read a lot of books this week, but I only reviewed one for my blog. The rest are on Goodreads, so I decided to create a non-blog-review shelf. You can find all my reviews there. I’m too lazy to add all my individual reviews in my Goodreads Stats section.
- I found out that Andrea Cremer is coming to Minnesota on 9/17 for a signing event. I’m thinking about going. But I should probably also read one of her books before I go. Because… yeah…
- This week I worked on a post about Twitter peeves (in the form of a snarky post called “How Not to Make Twitter Friends”) and a post about common grammar mistakes made by book bloggers. You’ll see those later this month. Next week the giraffe shifters and I are stalking someone new for the month.
- I got my hair colored. But I only have the creepy Amanda picture to show for it.
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Bloggiesta sign up is OPEN! Bloggiesta mini-challenge hosts were also contacted this week, and YES, I will be hosting a challenge this time.
- Maureen Johnson gives some advice about publishing and getting reviews. Her advice about how to present yourself online is applicable to both bloggers and businesses.
- April (Good Books and Wine) reminds us that book blogging is not a competition.
- May (Smexy Books) talks about the traits she looks for in a heroine. (And I completely and totally agree.)
- Jamie (Perpetual Page Turner) asks what you do in the car if you get carsick from reading. (I listen to an audiobook. I will probably never be able to read in a car without getting sick.)
- Small (Small Review) discusses when we should post a review for a book. I like her idea of waiting until the book is published so that when you get that “I MUST GET THIS BOOK NOW!” feeling, you can.
good comments about the book of monkeewrench by p.j tracy — Heaven forbid we should say anything bad.
a faint cold fear what does the ending mean — That the book is over and you should read the next one.
i am ,better than my upbringing — Yes, you are. We all have the power to rise above our roots.
sexy man cry — And this means…? You want to see a man, who is sexy, cry? Or is there some type of cry that women do when they see a sexy man that I’m missing out on?
Read in 2012 (113)
- Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead(8)
- THE ENDING!!!
- Hurricane by Moira Rogers (6)
- Gateway to Heaven by Beth Kery (8)
- Beautiful Mess by Lucy V. Morgan (8)
- Legacy of the Witch by Maggie Shayne (6)
- Wicked Games by Jill Myles (8)
- The Lesson Plan by Jackie Barbosa (8)
- False Memory by Dan Krokos(5)
- Review in October.
- Hot Secrets by Lisa Renee Jones (7)
- Nina Versus the Mummy by Catherine DeVore (not listed on GR and therefore not counted on my shelves)
- The Alien King and I by Lizzie Lynn Lee
- Reviewed at Reading the Paranormal with Kelly
- Moonshine by Moira Rogers (7)
- Legacy of the Witch by Maggie Shayne
- Nina Versus the Mummy by Catherine DeVore
- Beautiful Mess by Lucy V. Morgan
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
- Dangerous Secrets by Lisa Renee Jones
- Her Dark Angel by Felicity E. Heaton
- Relentless by Cindy Stark
- Mystic Valley: Moonshine by Moira Rogers
- The Alien King and I by Lizzie Lynn Lee
- Zola’s Pride by Moira Rogers
- The Benson by Karina Halle
- The Thirteenth Step and That Old Black Magic by Moira Rogers (from their website)
Unbreaking the Shelves Progress
Uh… you would think that I made good progress with this challenge considering how many books I read, but you’d be WRONG. My own-must-read shelf stayed steady because I bought a couple books (which replaced the two books I finished from that shelf this week). But my pending shelf (I added a pending shelf goal this week) went from the low 30s to 40. Um. Oops?
Earlier this week, I did go through my Kindle and try to put my freebies into some semblance of order. It actually felt really good to clean up my Kindle. I don’t really have a lot of freebies–I’ve been pretty picky about them–so it was less about deleting ones I wasn’t going to read, and more about getting them in one collection where I can easily find them.