Bloggiesta is BACK! I got so much accomplished and had so much fun last time that I decided that I must participate again. Bloggiesta is hosted by Danielle @ There’s a Book and Suey @ It’s All About Books. It’s from September 28th through 30th and it’s all about working on your blog. In her post, Danielle says that:
If you decide to participate in the Fall 2012 edition you can expect:
- to spend time that weekend (as much or as little as your schedule allows) working on your blog
- to create a to do list to share on your blog and link up with other participants
- to hopefully participant in several mini challenges and learn something new
- to connect with other participants through blog hopping or twitter
- to make new blogging friends!
- to come away at the end of the three days with a spiffed up blog!
For more information or for instructions on how to sign up, visit the sign up post.
Here is what I want to accomplish:
- Update Links page — DONE(ISH)
- Delete Author Links page — DONE
- Update About Me page — DONE
- Move appearances to about me page — DONE
- Clean up bookish posts page — DONE
- Update Review Policy to reflect that we’re not accepting review requests — DONE
- Cross posts reviews to Goodreads (also updated old reviews with my onabookbender.wordpress.com/ to onabookbender.com address) — DONE
- Update old reviews with enjoyment scale — DONE
- Clean up review, Top Off Tuesday, CR, and Who am I stalking? templates — DONE
- Fix broken links — DONE
- Schedule Top Off Tuesday posts through December — DONE
- Draft Clock Rewinder posts through December — DONE
- Update Features page — DONE
- Clean out Google reader subscriptions — DONE
- Make one centralized list of discussion post ideas (a discussion topic page, maybe?) — DONE
- Clean out categories — DONE
- Reorganize categories with nesting — DONE
- Reorganize drop down menu — DONE
- Look into plugins for mobile devices — DONE
- Update Reviews page — DONE
- Create joint review template — DONE
For this Bloggiesta, I…
- accomplished everything on my list. (YAY!)
- attended two Twitter chats, but only jailed myself once. (This is also an accomplishment.)
- failed at blog hopping and commenting. (This is always my problem.)
- didn’t fully participate in any of the mini-challenges. (I’m kinda lame.) (But I do have my eye on the using Microsoft Access to track books challenge for the near future.)
- came up with a challenge idea for next Bloggiesta: seeing your blog through your readers’ eyes. Basically, you would log out of your blog, and poke around your site to see how easy it is to do and find things as a reader. So, you’d comment, search for reviews or contact information, and so on. It might be a fun challenge to do with a partner. Give them a specific review or post to find, and then see how long it takes them to find it. The point of the challenge would be to assess how easy it is to navigate and use your own site.
I’m looking forward to the next Bloggiesta!