Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Review: Supernaturally by Kiersten White (5) — Failed to meet my high expectations
- Top Off Tuesday — Party Games
- Kelly Reviews: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (10) — Neil Gaiman’s imagination blows me away!
- The Midwestern Book Bloggers site has officially launched!
- Imagination: Why It Pays to Believe [Guest Discussion Post] — M.R. Merrick stops by the blog!
- Introducing… Unbreaking the Shelves
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
- I got started on my Unbreaking the Shelves challenge a little early and made a few new shelves: pending (unread freebies), signed, and arcs.
- Kelly and I hit 50,000 words in our story for Camp NaNo! Unfortunately, we’re not done with out story yet.
- I’ve been playing with the idea of starting a site that has series order lists and a suggested reading order (for crossover series). Apparently I like creating more work for myself. There are a lot of issues with how to set such a site up and keep it going. I don’t know that I can overcome those.
- With my mp3 player dead, I attempted to put an audiobook on my phone. It worked, so I listened to Anna Dressed in Blood (a book I’ve already read) while I worked on a puzzle. OMG! I just realized I should listen to Daughter of Smoke and Bone while putting together this puzzle. For obvious reasons.
- The boyfriend and I celebrated our anniversary this weekend. Saturday we had a nice quiet dinner together and Sunday (today) we’re going out for brunch, so I probably won’t be around much today. Don’t miss me too much.
- My first post on simple comma rules went up yesterday. I even have pictures.
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Smash talks about embracing our reading differences. I think if everyone took the time to embrace our differences, there wouldn’t be so much crazy ass drama in the blogosphere.
- Smash Attack Reads and The Book Vixen are hosting a series read-along of the Elemental Assassin series. (links go to informational posts.) First discussion is on 9/28!
- Kristilyn (Reading in Winter) wonders if social media is one big popularity contest.
bragon bound — What kind of creature is the bragon?
do will trent and sara linton get together — The Will Trent books answer this question. You should read them.
in denial — I’m not in denial! (haha, get it?)
Read in 2012 (102)
- Wanderlust by Ann Aguirre (7)
- My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent (7)
- THINGS HAPPEN! My review on GR.
- Fate’s Edge by Ilona Andrews (8)
- I still haven’t written this review. I have review writing issues right now.
- Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake (reread; link to my review)
- This was a free audiobook download this summer, and I figured it would be good to listen to before I started Girl of Nightmares.
- Christmas Cain by Maggie Casper (6)
- As with most dirty Kindle freebies, the sex was nice.
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
- Had this one sent to Kelly so she could get it signed and now both books in this series are signed. Woo! Kendare is AWESOME, btw. She’s from a small town about 40 minutes from where I live, and for the release of her first book, she had a signing at a local indie store. It was MY FIRST SIGNING. And Kendare was really sweet.
- I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga
- This book is SO COOL. It’s got blood spatter on it.
- Heartsick by Chelsea Cain
- Christmas Cash by Maggic Casper
- Seducer by Aubrey Ross
- OMG! I downloaded this book FOR THE COVER.
- The Lesson Plan by Jackie Barbosa
- Blood and Treasure by Jennifer Bray-Weber
- Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday
- Opal Fire by Barbra Annino
Amazon Wishlist (54)
(This week I cleaned up my wishlist and got rid of books I wasn’t really sure I wanted anymore. Feels good!)
- Doubleblind by Ann Aguirre
- Apparently I thought I had the 3rd book, but turns out it was the 4th book, so… oops.
- Steel’s Edge by Ilona Andrews
- LOVE THIS SERIES. Don’t want to wait until November to read it, though.
All Series, All Summer Progress
Completed this week: Wanderlust by Ann Aguirre (series complete), My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent (series complete), and Fate’s Edge (series complete).
Completed overall: 25 of 50 books, and 16 of 28 series. These, with the exception of the D-H series which I don’t feel like dealing with at the moment, will carry over into my Unbreaking the Shelves challenge. While I would have liked to read more books and complete more series, I did make a dent in my list, and that’s what counts.