Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Review: With Good Behavior by Jennifer Lane (8) — A romance you don’t wanna miss. [Also, ALSO! Autumn won the giveaway. YAY AUTUMN!]
- Top Off Tuesday — A Full Moon
- Kelly Reviews: Never Slow Dance with a Zombie by E. Van Lowe (5) — blink blink blink–what the hell?
- Who Am I Stalking? Amy @ bookgoonie
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
- *blinks* Wait, WHAT? An entire week has gone by AGAIN? Eff.
- On Wednesday, I published my second article for my business. You should read it. Or subscribe to my newsletter to make sure you get ALL THE ARTICLES. Next article involves simple comma rules.
- I’ve been rolling the idea around to make an introduction video for my business, except I’m kinda nervous and not sure what to say.
- I somehow managed to hit 1,000 Twitter followers on Friday. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS HAPPENED. I’m sure that a bunch of them are spam bots and it’ll drop under 1,000 soon, but I’m all O.O right now.
- I also got thrown into Twitter jail four times. Three for @BookBender and one for @boutofbooks. Um. Go, me?
- Does everyone remember my The Power of Language post? Yes? I want to remind everyone that how we phrase something is very important. The way we say things–and how we react to what others have said–can and do show how we feel, no matter what we say our intentions are. There are ways to make things nice and there are ways to make things negative. If what you have to say is NOT POSITIVE, check it at the door first. Remember that negativity has a way of breeding and festering. Even if you don’t intend to be negative, if you are not shooting rainbows out of your ass, whatever you say could be taken negatively. And no one wants to spread the negativity.
- Bout of Books has thrown my entire week off, so I don’t really have anything for the community portion of this post. *embarrassed*
Around the Book Blogging Community
- How do you combat the negativity in the blogosphere? You write posts about everything that makes you happy, like Kelly did.
ethan/merit smut — Yes, please.
bone castle in prague — You mean… do it with Nathan Fillion while in Prague?
Read in 2012 (89)
- The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie (6)
- Review TOMORROW
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth (7)
- Review in September
- Beg for Mercy by Jami Alden(8)
- Review TUESDAY
- Frostbite by Richelle Mead
- I decided to try my hand at this one. It’s been a while since I picked up the first book in the series!
- Alien Proliferation by Gini Koch
- Reading this one with Smash!
- Bad Behavior by Jennifer Lane
- Got this one for review!
Amazon Wishlist (61)
- The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
- Added this one after finishing The Reckoning last week!
- Hide from Evil by Jami Alden
- Added this after I finished (and loved) Beg for Mercy.
All Series, All Summer Progress
Completed: Insurgent by Veronica Roth
In Progress: Alien Proliferation by Gini Koch and Frostbite by Richelle Mead
Goals: Finish my books in progress, and cross off an additional two series (or books) by next Sunday.