Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Kelly Reviews: Drift Away by Jeff Shelby (8) — Not quite a mystery, still solid.
- Top Off Tuesday — Stayin’ Classy
- Review: Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews (8) – Bayou Moon pushed through reading slump.
- Get Your Objectivity Out of My Reviews
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
- I’ve been, um, busy? I actually tend to get very focused on working on business stuff and filter out everything (like Twitter!).
- I created a service where you can hire me on a monthly basis for copy-editing services. It’s mainly geared toward authors and businesses, but you know, I don’t turn people away.
- Also, if you haven’t already, you should support my business by liking me on Facebook or following me on Twitter. The more I can interact with people on social media, the bigger my presence gets. And I *won’t* spam you.
- I’ve been knee deep in Bout of Books stuff. One thing that has made me pause, though, is the number of people who quote things from our site without saying it came from our site. Isn’t that JUST like posting a picture and not crediting the owner? I had to add “-from the Bout of Books 5.0 team” to the blurb so that we’d actually get credit for our own words. But the fact is, I should not have to do this. Respect the words. We wrote them. You didn’t. Putting the words in blockquotes isn’t enough. CREDIT THE SOURCE.
- Kelly and I have been writing up a storm. We also tend to motivate each other in weird ways. (Or maybe not so weird ways, if you’re used to our shenanigans.)
Around the Book Blogging Community
Are we in some kind of end of the summer lull? Or have I been in my own little world lately? Because I have barely ANYTHING to share with you today.
- Anne (Creativity’s Corner) asks us about good comments and what they are.
- Krisitlyn (Reading in Winter) discusses reading “dirty” books and whether we should be embarrassed by this or not. (Though, by describing it as dirty, I’ve automatically put a negative label on it. This is part of the problem.)
- Ellie (Curiosity Killed the Bookworm) requests that everyone stop the negativity surrounding both self-published and traditionally published books.
- Alissa (The Grammarian’s Reviews) gives up tips on how to prepare for a read-a-thon. Her post was very timely, considering Bout of Books starts TOMORROW.
- And yes, if you have not signed up yet, THERE IS STILL TIME. Sign up will be open through Wednesday at midnight CST. Sign up now!
can i skip fire and go straight to bitterblue? — If that’s what you really want to do, sure.
bitterblue scary book — Not scary.
felicia is so happy — Yes, she is! She got to go to AAD!
giraffe hi! — What the Giraffe Shifter?? Oddly enough, I’m still waiting to receive giraffe stuff. No one has thought to be funny and gift me with something.
i’m in denial — Whatcha in denial about?
Read in 2012 (86)
- The Duchess of Love by Sally MacKenzie (6)
- It was fun. Review on GR.
- Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews(8)
- *flaily flail* Joint review with Kelly in September!
- The Abandoned by Amanda Stevens(6)
- Curious about the rest of the series now. Review on GR. This book also rounded out my Why Buy the Cow? challenge, so I’m challenging myself to read another 12 freebies in what I like to call “Why Buy the Cow? Round 2.”
- The Man Who Came Too Much by Ellie Saxx
- I saw this book and had to read it. It was… amusing. I wrote a short review on GR.
- The Reckoning by Kelly Armstrong (8)
- LOVED. Review on GR.
- Timeless by Gail Carriger
- I made my way through 80 pages and then stopped. I just felt like the language was far too pretentious, and it slowed me down. I’ll get through this book eventually, but being six books behind in my GR challenge means I can’t waste a week or more trying to force myself to finish the book.
- Summoning the Night by Jenn Bennett
- Kelly got this book, the Libba Bray book, and SIGNED COPY of Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison for my birthday. *huggles Kelly until she can’t breathe* *tucks her in my pocket*
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
- Shine by Lauren Myracle
- From Kristilyn! Thank you! :)
- False Memory by Dan Krokos
- Got this from a publicist. I’ve heard THINGS about this book (author).
- Biting Cold by Chloe Neill
- THIS SERIES! Oh!
- Books 1-4 of the Downside Ghosts series by Stacia Kane
- Won these from Mandi Kaye! Thanks, Mandi!
Amazon Wishlist (59)
- Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
- Jenny (Supernatural Snark–or Shark, as she’s known in some circles) posted a review on the second book, and it piqued my interest SO MUCH for the series that I went and added the first book to my wishlist.
All Series, All Summer Progress
- Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews. I guess this is technically part of the Kate Daniels WORLD series now, but I’m counting it toward the Kate Daniels series.
- The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong. This makes my SECOND series complete for the week. *thumbs up*
Goals: Insurgent by Veronica Roth (with Kristilyn) and Alien Proliferation by Gini Koch (with Smash) during Bout of Books.