Today is my birthday, and I thought it would be fun to answer questions you had about me. The only thing that surprises me about these questions is that NO ONE mentioned giraffe shifters.
From Amy @ bookgooine:
1. Do you like your polish to match between your toes and fingers OR not?
It depends what you mean by match. Does it need to be the same color? No! But I don’t want colors that clash.
2. What do you drink? Red wine? Vodka? Not picky?
I don’t drink beer. That is really my only limitation. If let to my own devices, I’ll choose flavored vodka or white wine.
3. What is your favorite book of all time? Why?
Surprisingly enough, I don’t have one. I have books that have affected or changed me (e.g., The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand) but I wouldn’t qualify them as my FAVORITE OF ALL TIME.
4. Are you doing what you want with your degree? If not what?
Um. Yes and no. What I really want to do is pursue my editing business.
5. What is a MUST in a boyfriend? Deal breaker?
Patience for putting up with me. Luckily, the boyfriend is extremely laid-back and tends to take all my rantings and worries in stride, and ends up balancing me out. It’s rather easy for me to get worked up about little or asinine things, and he is able to ground me when I get that way.
6. Boxers or briefs? Or commando? In your dudes, not you.
Boxers. Commando seems a little dangerous if he’s wearing jeans. Protect the peen! But athletic shorts? Commando.
7. Favorite para-urban fantasy smexy series of all time?
Right now I would have to say Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews.
8. If you are a tree, what kind of tree would you be? And if you fell in the woods, would we hear you?
I’d be a Bristlecone pine. And if I fell in the woods, you would hear me because I would scream bloody fucking tree murder.
9. What is the best lake in Minnesota?
Boot Lake. When I was younger, my family and I used to vacation at a resort called Fun ta Boot and it was quiet, peaceful, and just plain awesome. Some of my fondest summer memories are at that lake. I haven’t been back there in years, though, so I don’t know how much it’s changed.
10. First kiss…was it worthy of today’s YA novels? Or maybe a funny book?
No. My first kiss was awkward and is not an experience worth recounting.
11. Do smexy books positively or negatively impact your real life expections? “Well honey that was like a 10 whacker. Here read this book and we’ll get that handicap down.”
Heh. How should I phrase this? Smexy books put me in a smexy mood. If said smexy mood is satisfied, I’m a happy woman.
From Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal (aka: Rehv’s plaything) / Kelly, proud drinker of over-creamed coffee:
12. Who’s your favorite literary vampire or group of vampires? *cough*If you say Rehvenge, I WILL SHANK YOU*cough*
Hmm. Good question. I don’t know. (don’t worry, it’s not Rehvenge) I think I would have to say Jeaniene Frost’s vampires, just because the Night Huntress series was the one that got me to read paranormal books.
13. How much coffee do you drink in a day? How do you drink it? Black, creamed to hell and back?
Depends on the day. Anywhere from one to three cups. I average two cups. I drink mine with half and half. Always. Well, always with good coffee (yes, I’m a coffee snob). The cheap stuff I can drink black.
14. If you had to choose between giving up coffee or giving up reading, which way would you lean?
Coffee. I could easily get caffeine another way. At this point, coffee is a ritual. I could easily substitute, say…. tea for coffee and survive. AS LONG AS I COULD READ ALL I WANTED.
15. What’s one genre you wish you read more often?
Mysteries. It’s a genre that I have ALWAYS loved, but in the past year and a half, I’ve been pulled toward a lot of the paranormal books.
From Hannah x:
16. Will you marry me?
Thank you for asking, but no. Sorry. If I get married, it would have to be with the boyfriend.
17. Give me your top 5 “not romance” authors?
This is tough! Most of what I read involves some type of romance, which I never really realized until I tried to answer this question. But, here goes (in no particular order):
1. Kevin Hearne
2. Karin Slaughter
3. Gayle Forman
4. Kristin Cashore
5. Ann Aguirre
18. Where have you traveled? I know you’ve been to Prague, but that’s it.
I studied abroad in Germany for about four months in 2007. It was during that time I took a weekend trip to Prague. I was in Germany, and though I didn’t get to travel much due to school, I did get to go to Munich, Nuremberg, Dachau, and Salzburg (Austria). I have been to Canada (Thunder Bay area) though I was so young that I don’t remember much. I’ve also been to a few US states. I’ve flown to Washington, California, and Texas. And I’ve road tripped through Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky.
19. Bananas or Kiwi Fruit? XD