As a reminder, Doin’ It Dirty is a read-a-thon devoted to 12 hours of smut and fun. Bring out all your naughty books and read with us!
- To be run on July 20th for 12 hours: noon CST to midnight CST
- You don’t have to read the full 12 hours to participate. Join us for however much time you have available!
- You must read erotica or any subgenre of romance that borders on erotica. Remember! We’re doing it dirty.
- Sign up by linking your blog in the linky below
- On July 19th, we’ll post a linky for a goal post/progress updates.
- On July 21st, we’ll give you a chance to recap your goals and let everyone know how you did.
- Use the hashtag #DoinItDirty to track your progress on Twitter
Short Read-a-thon Tips
- Prepare a list of books to read.
- Have more books than you can read in 12 hours so that you can be choosy if you want.
- Buy snacks or prepare food ahead of time.
- Making something in the crockpot is a great solution for an actual meal. Throw everything in the crockpot before the read-a-thon starts, and then when you need to eat, it will be ready.
- Get plenty of sleep the night before
- Even though we’re not starting right away in the morning, reading for 12 hours straight can be exhausting, especially since we’re going into the evening.
- Alternatively, some alcohol toward the end of the readathon. Maybe we’ll have to have a happy hour toward the end.
- Expect to track the majority of your progress on Twitter.
- With the limited amount of time, it is likely the less time you spend updating your blog, the better. Especially if, like us, you spend a lot of time on Twitter anyway.
- Decide ahead of time how you will deal with reviews.
- No reviews? Mini reviews? Reviews on GR? Notes on each for a full review later?. I’ll probably do mini reviews on GR, but I also prefer to write reviews right after I read.
Need some ideas on what to read? We’ve got you covered!
Please note: Many of these books depict subject matter that not everyone might be comfortable with (bondage, Domination/submission, menage, etc). Please read the synopsis before purchasing/downloading. Additionally, because of the short time frame of this read-a-thon, check the length of the books. While I have attempted to cull through them and leave off the longer books/stories, some might have slipped through.
- Taking Instruction by Cheyenne McCray (Contemporary)
- Dane by Liliana Hart (Contemporary)
- Exotic Indulgence by Vivian Arend, Lexxie Couper, Jess Dee (Contemporary)
- Masks by Evangeline Anderson (Contemporary)
- Samson’s Lovely Mortal by Tina Folsom (Paranormal)
- Venice Vampyr by Tina Folsom (Paranormal)
- A Dark Kiss of Rapture by Sylvia Day (Paranormal)
- Kamikaze by Moira Rogers (Paranormal)
- Evangeline Anderson – Brides of the Kindred
- Vivian Arend – Xtreme Adventures, Bandicoot Cove
- Dana Marie Bell – Gray Court, Halle Pumas
- Mari Carr – any book
- Kim Dare – Rawlings Men
- Laurann Dohner – Zorn Warriors, Cyborg Seduction
- Felicity Heaton – Vampire Erotic Theatre, Sons of Lyra, Daughters of Lyra
- Eve Langlais – Alien Mate, Alien Abduction, Freakn’ Shifters
- Brynn Paulin – Taboo Wishes, Daly Way
- Jodi Redford – That Old Black Magic
- Moira Rogers – Last Call, Bloodhounds, Down & Dirty
- Robin L. Rotham – any book
- Melissa Schroeder – Harmless
- Cherise Sinclair – Masters of the Shadowlands, Mountain Masters
Sign Up Here