Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
I am participating in July RAK! It is been months since I last participated and what better month to participate than my birthday month? I have already sent out two books and have plans to scour the lists for a few more ebooks on the cheaper side to gift. One of my favorite things about RAK is finding new people! I haven’t necessarily found any new people YET. But hopefully I will.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Review: My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent — A screamin’ start to this series.
- Top Off Tuesday — July is Nip Month
- Why Buy the Cow? Mini-Reviews (Including books by Sierra Dean, K.C. Neal, Felicity E. Heaton, Julie Kagawa, and Ilona Andrews)
- Discussion Post: How to Get on a Book Reviewer’s Good Side
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
- I got SUPER lucky this week and won a couple Amazon gift cards, which explains what happened with my own-must-read shelf.
- Well, it doesn’t FULLY explain what happened to my own-must-read shelf. See, when I created the shelf, it was originally intended only to show books that I owned and, if they were part of a series, that were the first or next in a series that I had to read. Which meant that I had a whole slew of books on my Kindle that weren’t covered by the own-must-read shelf. So I added all those to my list so that my own-must-read shelf more accurately reflects how many books I have to read. On the off chance that I don’t like a series that I own a couple books in, I also added a “shelved” shelf which is for series that I’ve shelved based on my enjoyment (or lack thereof) of the previous book(s) in the series. It’s kind of like a “when all other books are read” kind of shelf. Or, if I own the physical copy, a “give away” self.
- On the 4th, my parents and I went to see Brave. I loved it.
- Sometimes I dislike ALL THE PEOPLE. Seriously. I think I’m in this seething mess of leave-me-the-fuck-alone right now. It takes very little to trigger my annoyance.
On 25 Hour Books
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Alissa @ The Grammarian’s Reviews wrote about the experience of following authors on Twitter.
- Both Stephanie @ Once Upon a Chapter and Felicia @ Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog are hosting a RIPI giveaway.
- Drowning under all your review copies? Celine @ Nyx Book Reviews and Vicky @ Books Biscuits and Tea are hosting another Review Copy Cleanup event in August.
- Mandi @ Smexy Books wrote about blogging and Twitter and her thoughts on using Twitter in conjunction with blogging.
- Wicked Lil Pixie made a confession about reviewing (or not reviewing) books.
- Thea Harrison revealed the cover of the 4th novella in her Elder Races series.
pictures of awesome funny deers — What is up with the deer? Also, deer is an irregular plural that is the same in both singular and plural form. Much like sheep.
california book bloggers — I know some of those!
the dirty parts of the bible — a novel — I honestly don’t know what to say to this.
giraffe fist bump — I want to see this!
what book did angie polaski die in karin slaughter books — This search term amuses me. While I was listening to Criminal, I thought it might be a spoiler, but guess what: ANGIE IS STILL ALIVE. Keep hoping, though. I know I am.
listening to audiobooks at work can’t concentrate — Then don’t listen to them?
Read in 2012 (65)
- Criminal by Karin Slaughter(9)
- I really and truly loved this one. I’m pretty sure that these books just keep getting better and better. Review on the blog in August.
- Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews(8)
- Another book I really enjoyed. Review on the blog in August, too. LOOK! One full week and NO GR reviews! Aren’t you proud of me?
- Red Glove by Holly Black
- Listening to this one. Still not very fond of the narrator. The story is interesting, at least.
- Breaking Bad by Jodi Redford
- I loved Jodi’s That Old Black Magic series so much that when the opportunity presented itself, I had to download her other books.
- Cat Scratch Fever by Jodi Redford
- Taking Liberty by Jodi Redford
- Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues by Diana Rowland
- I loved the first in this series, so I had to get the second.
- Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells
- I decided to try this one out.
- Blue Diablo by Ann Aguirre
- This series sounded good and Ann Aguirre hasn’t led me wrong yet.
- Heart of Darkness by Lauren Dane
- This one is Kelly’s fault. ALL KELLY’S FAULT.
- Operation: Endgame by Christi Snow
- Christi sent this one for review!
- Beg for Mercy by Jami Alden
- From Stephanie @ Once Upon a Chapter for RAK. Thanks, Stephanie!
Free Ebooks (32 unread)
- A Dark Kiss of Rapture by Sylvia Day
- I am stocking up on dirty reads for Kelly’s and my Doin’ It Dirty read-a-thon.
- Kamikaze by Moira Rogers
- Wild Card by Moira Rogers
Amazon Wishlist (58)
- Outpost by Ann Aguirre
- Because I liked Enclave.
- For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
- I remember seeing good reviews for this book. I don’t remember where, though.
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
- It’s Libba Bray! I need to read more of her books.
- Feed by Mira Grant
- I’ve also heard good things about this book/series. GOOD THINGS.
- Wilder’s Mate by Moira Rogers
- Lover Enslaved by Jodi Redford
- It’s Jodi!
- God Save the Queen by Kate Locke
- On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- I was trolling Isalys’s wishlist, saw this, and decided to add it.
- Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan
All Series, All Summer Progress
Criminal by Karin Slaughter (completed the Will Trent series)
Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews
Red Glove by Holly Black
Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues by Diana Rowland
Books Completed: 12/49
Series Completed: 6/27