Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
For my birthday next month, I have decided to steal Ruby’s idea and let you ask questions about me. On my birthday (July 25th), I will answer ALL YOUR QUESTIONS! They can be funny, serious, weird, whatever. You can ask them by clicking on the button in my sidebar, or just going directly to the Google form from this link.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Kelly Reviews: Blue Moon by Alyson Noel (6) – I want to stabbity stab Roman.
- Top Off Tuesday — Is that a bunch in the fabric, or…?
- Review: Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (8) – Didn’t want to leave this world.
- Discussion Post: The Power of Language
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
- I made myself a Twitter background! I am proud of it, but not as proud of it as I am my business Twitter background.
- Been working furiously on ideas for my business. I am super excited! And I have been making strides in making my business website easier to navigate and see what my services are. Like my Services page!
- It was another crappy week. I’ve spent less time on the Internet because I have been very negative and whiny and no one wants to see that plastered all over Twitter and this blog. I’m looking forward to having a day off next week. Or, you know, the end of the semester. It can’t get here soon enough. Not even reading cheers me up.
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Wicked Lil Pixie rants about condoms in romance. This is something that I always like to note in books. Do they or don’t they? Honestly, I think BC needs to be addressed in any book that involves sex.
- The Book Monsters started a new meme based on an old idea about sharing the old blogs you love, and the new blogs you’ve found.
- Alissa (The Grammarian’s Reviews) talks about the importance of titles. SO TRUE!
- BB thinks too hard about author review requests. I loved this one because I’ve got a post on the same topic going up next week.
- Thea Harrison announced that she’s signed a contract for the 4th Elder Races novella called Hunter’s Season.
- Sarah (saz101) and Lauren (Lauren’s Loquacious Literature) are hosting Potterthon starting TODAY.
- Anne (Creativity’s Corner) and Alissa (The Grammarian’s Reviews) introduced The Book Sessions. It is an event that is a cross between a read-along and a book club. Check it out!
you give men a bad name quotes — Tsk tsk.
sexy man demon — I love how frequently I get this search term. Sexy man demons are in hot demand.
“completed mine” 101 1001 list — I did NOT complete mine. But I did meet Tara, so that is good enough for me.
english teachers have the right to make grammar rules — Uh… not really. We don’t make the rules, we enforce them. Seriously.
http:// www.free.vempayrs sex.com — Come on now. Why do I get so many hits for this?
sad bookshelves — What are you saying about my bookshelves, exactly? *suspicious look*
silly deer — Heh. This one landed on my giraffe shifter post. Makes sense, right?
amanda that girl in the corset — I am not wearing a corset. You must be looking for another Amanda.
gets very exited then loose interest job — Loose interest is the opposite of tight interest, I suppose? What is tight interest? Or loose interest? I’m imagining interest as a person who is wearing very loose pants. In fact, they’re so loose he’s going to lose them soon.
Read in 2012 (63)
- Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon (6) — AS, AS read
- Is it just me or is it easy to burn out on these books if they’re read back to back? My review on GR.
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman (8) – AS, AS read
- INTENSE! Will review on the blog on August 1st.
- Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost (8)
- I got caught up in the hype with this one and was expecting something greater than what I got. Still liked it, though! And I even went off my AS, AS list to read it.
- Criminal by Karin Slaughter– another AS, AS read, er…. listen
- Looooooooove this. In fact, it’s one of those that I want to go fast because I want to know what happens, but want it to go slowly at the same time so it doesn’t end.
- Grace Among Thieves by Julie Hyzy
- Got this one from a publicist awhile ago. Added it for the Profiling Mysteries event in August.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer– signed
- Kelly was kind enough to get my copy signed for me. Yay!
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo– signed
- I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to this book.
- Once Burned by Jeanine Frost
- Yes, I totally got and read this book within the same week.
Free Ebooks (29 unread)
- Six Moon Summer, All Hallows’ Moon, and Long Night Moon by S.M Reine
- Kelly told me to download the first one, then informed me I should get all three while they were still free. So I did.
- Dane by Liliana Hart
- Thanks to Kelly’s recommendation (again), I picked this up for #DoinItDirty later this month.
Amazon Wishlist (56)
*Links to books in this section will be to Amazon and with my Amazon associates ID — except the link to my wishlist itself.
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened (Audiobook) by Jenny Lawson
- I already had the hardcover of this book on my wishlist, but I think the audiobook would be EVEN BETTER!
- Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
- The recent cover reveals prompted me to add these to my wishlist.
- Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues by Diana Rowland
- I loved the first book in the series, and can’t wait to read the second!