Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers and father figures out there! You ROCK.
And a huge THANK YOU to everyone who filled out my survey about copy-editing services for bloggers. For the most part, your feedback was very helpful and I plan on going forward with some kind of affordable/low cost proofreading service. Now, one more short question for everyone to answer, so I can set a fair price:
On average, about how many words are your posts?
(I’m specifically looking for review and discussion post counts)
On a Book Bender Recap
- Review: On the Edge by Ilona Andrews (8) – Another winning series by Ilona Andrews.
- Top Off Tuesday — Such a Tease
- Kelly Reviews: Descended by Blood by Angeline Kace (5) — Not quite sure what to think.
- Who Am I Stalking  — Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
- Last weekend, I had a bit of a freak out over the amount of money I was spending on books. I just… wasn’t paying attention, and was a little shocked. Books apparently add up fast. So I’m initiating a self-imposing book buying ban-ish. I need to focus on reading the books I have already, so maybe this is good timing. Plus, it’s my birthday next month (which means presents!) so holding off may not be a bad thing. The plan: only buying books I’ve already pre-ordered or books for signings. And maybe participating in RAK.
- Tara made it possible for me to buy a giraffe ear set. I’ll be wearing it in my vlog. Also, I took a creepy giraffe shifter-esque picture of myself and then another not so creepy one.
- I made a new button for my business. It includes a good chunk of my business information. If you’d like to help me get the word out, feel free to save my button (in my side bar) and display it on your blog. You have my undying love and devotion if you do.
- Thanks to Mandi Kaye, I have a new plugin and I’m able to display progress bars for my All Series, All Summer challenge. I even added one below the button on my side bar so you can easily see how I’m progressing. Or rather, I have a constant reminder of how well (or terribly) I’m doing.
- Right now I’m trying to work on getting ahead with planning my teaching semester out so that I can devote more time to reading, blogging, and tweeting. Right now I’m only reading on the weekends and that’s just not enough. My blogging has been pretty pathetic, too, but all that means in Amanda’s Organized World is that I’m still working on scheduling posts for July. I still tweet a lot, but that’s mainly because in the evenings I’m too tired to do anything but cause shenanigans on Twitter.
- I must be talking about coffee more because Mandi Kaye tweeted me this and Alissa tweeted me this.
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Anne (Creativity’s Corner) makes a call for participants to discuss BOOKS (e.g., joint reviews)
- Angelya (Oaken Bookcase) started a very cool Google map of book bloggers. You can add yourself! And you don’t have to mark your exact location. I put myself at my local library.
- Alissa (The Grammarian’s Reviews) reminded us to love our ARCs.
- Mary (The Book Swarm) told us what she likes and doesn’t like to see in reviews. AND I COMPLETELY AGREE. In fact, it’s like she shook me up, smacked my head, and all my thoughts tumbled out of my ears and onto her page.
- Chelsea (Vampire Book Club) is doing a charity auction to raise money for brain cancer research. Go bid! GO!
- Kelly (Reading the Paranormal) talks about when book expectations get the better of you.
- Free audiobook downloads this summer! Audiobook SYNC has two free titles every week for download. The first ones are still available through Wednesday!
dogs destroying things, funny — You mean like this?
“rehvenge” and “barbed penis” — Kelly is the Rehv expert (but yes, Rehv has a barbed penis).
curran kate daniels vs simba lion king — Curran.
Read in 2012 (56)
- Summer’s Crossing by Julie Kagawa (6)
- A fun little novella that made me like Puck more. See my GR review.
- Magic Gifts by Ilona Andrews (8)
- KATE AND CURRAN! I really enjoyed this novella. See my GR review.
- Devil’s Gate by Thea Harrison (8)
- *dies of love for the Elder Races series*
- Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari
- This is what I plugged in after I set aside Immortal. So far I am loving it! I’ve just been too tired to pay attention to the audio on my way home. =/
Set Aside* (2)
*This is basically a DNF shelf. It is a recent creation, hence the low number.
- Immortal by Gillian Shield
- I had this one on audiobook, and the narrator went from being very soft spoken for the main character, and very loud for other characters, which either left me scrambling to turn the volume up or down, and because I listen while I drive, this wasn’t exactly a good thing. The voice given to the friend of the MC was downright annoying, and the story just wasn’t enough to hold me.
- Devil’s Gate by Thea Harrison
- Had to get this one, of course!
- Criminal Promises by Nikki Duncan
- Won this from Felicia’s giveaway. Thanks Felicia! :)
Free Ebooks (26 unread)
- Descended by Blood by Angeline Kace
- I’ll admit to being curious.
All Series, All Summer
Thanks to Tara for making the giraffe ears possible.