Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Kelly Reviews: After Midnight by Teresa Medeiros – Possible vampire sighting in fun historical!
- Top Off Tuesday — Love Machine!
- Kelly Reviews: Evermore by Alyson Noel – Not your mother’s teenage love story.
- My Audiobook Experience — On this note, I started Beauty Queens this past week, which is written and narrated by Libba Bray. She’s amazing. That is all.
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
- Bookmarks! I got them. FINALLY! If you want one or two, send me an email with your address!
- The semester is nearly OVER! I almost didn’t make it. Yes, it was THAT bad.
- I guest posted over at Once Upon a Time. I talked about finding time to read. Something I am a bit of an expert at after this semester.
- This coming week I will be making an appearance at Michelle Muto’s blog where I will talk about, among other things, how authors should (and shouldn’t) approach bloggers. The whole experience has gotten me thinking, and I will likely end up writing a discussion post about blogger professionalism as well. After all, professionalism goes both ways.
- My blogoversary celebration begins THURSDAY!
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Bout of Books 4.0 sign-up is here! Get your name down, grab a button, and start spreading the word.
- Alissa from The Grammarian’s Reviews blew my mind with a recipe for microwave potato chips.
- Smash offers some great tips for newbie bloggers.
- Or, if you don’t want to be in charge of your own blog, you can join up with Stephanie @ Once Upon a Chapter who is currently seeking an associate reviewer.
- The Zombie Queen aka Bookish Brunette aka Ashley aka AWESOME wrote a great post about review requests.
- There was an “author commenting on reviews” blog hop/event on Friday. I found both Celine’s post and Stella’s. Stella’s also has authors’ opinions on commenting, which I found particularly interesting. There definitely isn’t a lot of agreement and it seems most authors (and bloggers) have their own opinion about when, if, and how authors should comment on reviews.
- Thea Harrison announces that she signed a contract for a third novella in the Elder Races series. It will be called Devil’s Gate and comes out June 5th. Ruby, I think we’ll have to joint review this one, too.
- Later in the week, Thea Harrison posted the cover art for Devil’s Gate. I know what my Top Off Tuesday post will be on June 5th. He’s not quite shirtless, though.
books about barbed penis stories — This search term made my Monday.
alpha male stalking love books — Yeah. I have no clue how this landed anyone on my blog. Alpha male? Stalking? Love? Books? No. None of these things describe my blog.
i wanna be left alone — Me, too.
tumblr porntastic — *points at Kelly’s Tumblr*
love is sharing. it’s give and take — #Truth.
Books and Things I Received
Shirley from Creative Deeds worked veeeeeeeeeery patiently with me until we came up with bookmarks for On a Book Bender. And here they are! Ta-da!
PS. They look muuuuuuuch better in person.