Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
On a Book Bender Recap
- Joint Review with Kelly: Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews – Must have more of this series!
- Top Off Tuesday — 2fer
- Joint Review with Kelly: Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews – Seriously loving the Kate Daniels series.
- Ruby’s Birthday Book Giveaway Hop
- Who Am I Stalking  – Hannah @ Once Upon a Time
Meanwhile, in Amanda’s World
- I installed a Feedburner plugin that redirects all my WP feeds to my Feedburner feed. The result? My numbers jumped from the mid-70s to close to 200. I had no idea I had so many readers. *huggles every single one of you* *except Tara* *hugs Tara*
- It feels like I’ve been pretty absent from the blogosphere this week. I’m caught somewhere between utter exhaustion and excitement that the semester is almost over. I’m assuming next week will be more of the same.
- I’ve also been furiously (or not so furiously as the case may be) working on an over haul of my business website. I’m really excited about it, and looking forward to getting back into editing once the semester dies down.
- Audiobooks are my new best friend. Even though I keep falling more and more behind in my reading, I’ve actually come to look forward to my commute now. Considering I spent 10 hours in the car per week commuting, this is probably a good thing. As long as I remember to charge my mp3 player.
- Note to self: unless you want to be inundated with multiple tweets asking you what book you’re reading, always ALWAYS mention the name of the book you’re reading if you’re tweeting about your reactions.
Around the Book Blogging Community
- Jeaniene Frost announces that her ebooks will now be sold for $5.99. She also talks a little bit about the process of getting ebook prices changed. It’s not as easy as one may think.
- Alissa of The Grammarian’s Reviews fame writes about “good” and “bad” writing, and what all this means. I think she makes some really valid points.
- Wicked Lil Pixie wrote a Book Blogger’s Guide to Etiquette. I found her post to be extremely accurate and quite timely, since Jacinda and I had recently had a conversation about treating blogging professionally. I know that blogging is a hobby. But I also believe that people respect professionalism. Being professional doesn’t mean that you can’t have fun. Here’s Merriam Webster’s definition:
exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace
Put “blogosphere” in place of “workplace” and you’ve got the gist of it.
- And rather than ending on a serious note, let’s end on a fun, though potentially scarring, note. Without further ado, I give you Jenny’s Cover Critique of the week, where the bear gets it from behind*.
shirtless men tortured — We don’t torture shirtless men around here. Unless they want it.
happy tuesday men — Every Tuesday is a happy one when there are shirtless men.
who am i stalking on facebook — If you’re doing the stalking, shouldn’t you know?
Books I Received
I was originally going to make a vlog for this, but it turns out I sounded as tired as I felt. And no one wants to be tortured with that.
- Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews (Kate Daniels, #4)
- Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews (Kate Daniels, #5)
- Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night by Kresley Cole (IAD, #4)
- Alien Diplomacy by Gini Koch (Kitty Katt, #5)
Won from Jess @ Gone with the Words
- Belles by Jen Calonita (ARC)
- Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield (ARC)
- Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama (ARC)
- Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris (ARC)
- Gateway to Heaven by Beth Kery
*Ruby, THIS MEANS SEX.