Well, okay. My Kindle is not exactly nameless. Its name is Amanda’s Kindle. But as far as I’m concerned, that name is lame and it is just as bad — no, worse! — than being nameless.
Since I clearly am not capable of making this decision on my own, I need your help.
Here are the options and why I chose them:
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
Inspired by Jen’s comment: “Welcome to what paper lovers call the dark side,” and our conversation on Twitter, a whole slough of bad puns revolving around Darth Vader have emerged. Part of the reason why I would like to include these is that my dog, Curly, was diagnosed with a paralyzed larynx a year or so before his death which meant that occasionally he would sound like Darth Vader when he breathed. This gives us the following names:
- Darth Pupper — because sometimes I called Curly “puppers”
- Darth Made ‘er Read
- Darth Tater — more joke than anything, but I do love potatoes and make a mean tater tot hot dish
- Darth Fader — because reading makes reality fade away
Another direction I took with possible Kindle names is toward the idea that reading is my drug/addiction. Since that idea inspired my blog title, I figured it might be useful in naming my Kindle as well. Here are a couple possibilities:
- Paraphernalia — because all addicts have theirs, and reading is my drug
- Krack — It’s like crack but with a K for Kindle